BakerReed Properties Limited
unlock the door to your new home...
tel: 0117 926 9085 email: email@example.com
Tenants Rental Procedure and Terms of Business
We are members of Ombudsman Services and have Client Money Protection via NALS
- We charge an agency fee of 40% of one month's rent subject to a minimum charge of £175.00 irrespective of the number of tenants to be referenced. This fee is not refundable if the application is rejected because of the credit check or referencing. However if the landlord does not proceed for any other reason then this fee is refunded less £100 for work already carried out. The agency fee is per property, not per person.
- If a Guarantor is required an additional fee of £30 per Guarantor is payable and is not refundable for any reason.
- A property will not be reserved until the agency fee has been paid in full and in cleared funds.
- All our Tenancies are Assured Shorthold Tenancies on a joint and several liability basis for all tenants. They are usually for a minimum of six months but longer tenancies can be arranged.
- The lead tenant will be supplied with a copy of the tenancy agreement and inventory. Additional/replacement copies can be provided at a charge of £25 per copy.
- The tenancy agreement is a legal contract and the terms are non-negotiable. We will of course answer any questions you may have regarding the agreement. If you prefer, please seek independent legal advice.
- All advertised rents are payable per calendar month and are exclusive of bills unless otherwise stated.
- All people over the age of 18 who will live at the property must be named on the tenancy agreement and all must sign the agreement on or before the start date.
- The rent and deposit must be paid by Bankers Draft, Building Society Cheque or Cash. If paying by cash please bring the exact amount because we do not carry change. Personal cheques can be accepted but must be received by us at least ten working days before the start of the tenancy.
- If the tenants wish to leave before the end of the tenancy then they will remain liable for the rent and all utility charges such as Council Tax, Water rates etc until the end of the tenancy or a new tenant has signed a new agreement. Any additional Landlord's costs incurred as a result will also be payable and deducted from the deposit.
- Rent is payable monthly in advance by standing order with only one standing order per property. If payments are made by any other method or more than one standing order is required then an administrative charge of £5.00 per additional payment per month is payable.
- To protect your deposit we use the services of an independent inventory clerk and his charges are split equally between the landlord and the tenant. Usually the landlord pays the costs of the inventory and check in, with the tenants paying for the inventory and check out. The standard check out charge levied by the inventory clerk is 10% of one months' rent and this is normally deducted from the deposit; please note that this may vary at the inventory clerk's discretion. The decision of the inventory clerk is final but both tenant and landlord retain the right to take legal action if they so wish.
- At the end of the tenancy the deposit will be refunded less any charges for damages/dilapidations as agreed with the independent inventory clerk.
- Unless otherwise notified in writing the balance of the deposit, less any deductions, will be paid to the first named tenant on the tenancy and this will discharge our liability to the remaining tenants.
copyright © 2005-2016 brpl.